Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jot it down


I woke up yesterday singing the Electric Slide. What on earth was I dreaming about the night before?

I've been thinking about dreams quite a bit lately. Not really the kind that have you gliding to silly group dance songs, but more those that ignite the engines and cause real change.

My children are really inquisitive, downright nosey, (where did they get that from, seriously? :) ), and M has taken note that I've been toting around a little blue journal lately with one word on the cover - dream. "What's that for, Mommy?" Excited me, hoping to give a meaningful mom response: "It's a notebook I keep with me to capture all my great ideas before I lose them." M: "Yeah, you do forget a lot." She's always honest.

In my life I've been a journal person and then not a journal person and then back to one again.

Sometimes I expect my journals to be sketchbooks, well designed and interesting to the eye.

I allowed myself to choose only from the dollar bins at the art store because I didn't want the kind of journal that looks pretty with a layer of dust. My dream journal is low stakes. So far it's captured books to read, lists of blog ideas, projects I want to take on, and little inspires. I've given myself permission to let it look uninteresting to the unsuspecting onlooker.



But for you, dear reader, here are two memorables that made it into the pages this week.
Thoreau is so good.
And another that I'm blowing your way on a great dandelion fluff...

I will not die an unlived life. 
I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. 
I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.
-Dawna Markova

Happy Tuesday, friends! Are you catching your great ideas? You have so many - I promise - don't let them pass you by. 

Meet 'ya back here tomorrow. Thanks for coming over!

XOXO, MJ

 

No comments: