Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY - Chalk It Up

Happy Friday, friends! I have a fun little something to share with you today. It's easy, silly, and the kind of project everyone can handle (isn't that the best!).

I kind of have a thing for chalkboards. The chalkboard wall in our kitchen is one of my favorite spots in the world (I'll have to show it to you some time).

Here's a charming way to add whimsy to your notes...and you can make as many chalk mistakes as you want. Just erase! And if you have kiddos around, let them join in the fun, too.


 See how to make it happen!




The thicker the paper weight, the better. If you're hoping for a permanent fix to your images, spray gently with aerosol hairspray. And if freehand painting stresses you out, grab some stencils for your chalkboard shapes!

Thanks for stopping over. Hope your weekend is a bright one!

XOXO, MJ

PS. I made some extras that I'd love to give to you. Leave a happy comment below or follow me on Twitter (@parscaeli) if you'd like your own set of chalk notes.

9 comments:

Erin said...

OMG I love this DIY so much!! So simple and it looks fantastic, that's right up my alley. I'm a very impatient crafter :) Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Found your blog via @ApproachingJoy on Twitter, and so glad I did. It's lovely! I am in the middle of a chalkboard paint project at our home -- we're painting our dining room table. So I am loving these note cards... fun!

Have a great weekend. :) --Dawn

charlotte moon said...

I love the cloud ones!

JessicaFG said...

I can't wait to try these (but would love a few in the meantime). My happy thought - spent the morning at my new school and love all the little girls I'll be working with on a daily basis!

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

Genius! I love all things chalkboard :)

homestilo said...

very cute- and would make great labels around the house.

MJ @ parscaeli said...

Hooray for chalkboards! So glad you ladies like these. They really look so cute all stacked together.

Erin, I too am an impatient crafter. Keep your paint strokes smooth and you'll have some happy message spaces!

JessicaFG, love your happy thought! Best of luck with your fortunate new students.

Homestilo, great idea. I've seen some through Pottery Barn that are much more costly.

madilla said...

I'm experimenting with chalkboard self adhesive paper. It is so easy to use. Should really try paint as well.

MJ @ parscaeli said...

Hi Madilla,

Great idea! I'd love to see some of the great things you're creating. Thanks for stopping over.

XOXO, MJ